BIC Euronova - BIC for SME
The main objective of the BIC for SME project is to upgrade the POWER2INNO project results and provide concrete tools for training entrepreneurs for innovative entrepreneurship, the educational staff of the participating organizations and selected individual entrepreneurs through pilot trainings.
POWER2INNO (Horizon 2020, 2016-2017), which included peer learning activities between three innovation agencies, was directed to raising their competences to empower small and micro companies for innovative entrepreneurship. POWER2INNO produced knowledge by building a regional system and providing training and education for entrepreneurs. However, the project did not prepare the concrete tools for such education.
BIC for SMEs and the Erasmus+ programme provides a perfect opportunity for this. BIC for SMEs aims at:
• improving the quality and access to vocational education and training in the area of small and micro innovation entrepreneurship
• improving the knowledge and skills of employees in relevant consulting and training organizations
• improving the employability and professional success of learners, interested in this subject.
This will by designing and delivering the following outputs:
• a needs analysis on the training needs of small and micro entrepreneurs interested in boosting their innovation activity and their trainers
• a training program for small and micro entrepreneurs interested in boosting their innovation activity
• a training program for the trainers of small and micro entrepreneurs
• detailed manuals and relevant learning materials for both groups
• a tailored made training for trainers and entrepreneurs from the partner organisations to provide feedback on the previous results of the project
In the long term, the project can assist in eliminating the gap between market demand (people seeking training in small and micro entrepreneurship) and training system supply, which is currently predominantly oriented to small and middle-sized entrepreneurship.
The project consortium is composed of the following organisations: WESTBIC, Ireland; RDA CID, Slovenia; BIC EURONOVA, Spain; TECHNOPOLIS, Italy; EFMD, Belgium.